UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G13b engine ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Go down

G13b engine ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE !!!!! Empty G13b engine ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Post  jesseswiftgti 24/02/11, 07:55 pm

I took my engine out today ready for gti conversion but the block looks exactly the same and gti same codes same everything apart from the crank, pistons, conrods etc but the bore is the same obviously so i was think i could use it for a rebuild as it has very low mileage so the bores will be better than the other engine im using.

so are the blocks exactly the same ?

and will the gti head fit on exactly the same ?

i compared it to my other block which has rust all in the bore and it looks exactly the same ?
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet
first car: 5

Back to top Go down

G13b engine ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE !!!!! Empty Re: G13b engine ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Post  stevieh6 24/02/11, 07:58 pm

i have a forged gti crankshaft sitting in my shed if you want it

Last edited by stevieh6 on 24/02/11, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
stevieh6
stevieh6

Back to top Go down

G13b engine ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE !!!!! Empty Re: G13b engine ADVICE AND HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Post  jesseswiftgti 24/02/11, 08:03 pm

why would you have a crank in your head Laughing
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 24/02/11, 08:03 pm

im unsure if they are the same i think some were different that may be in america take off the head and mesure it

steve

Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 24/02/11, 08:05 pm

thanks man but i have 2 gti engines 1 in bits and 1 thats complete but its dodgy as fuck so i need to build something using everything, i want a complete head from someone though
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 24/02/11, 08:27 pm

i could prob do a head but would have a light port and polish and be cleaned etc neva cheap im afraid

steve

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 24/02/11, 09:02 pm

how much for head
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 24/02/11, 09:22 pm

pmed

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Miniswift 24/02/11, 09:22 pm

Hi,

Keep your engine block so that it will goes with your log book.
Change your pistons, con-rods and crank shafts into your Justy block.
Justy has 8v engine so it has lower CR. You are going for turbo so better off having Gti internals.

I know some people shaved off Suzuki and DOHC 16v bit off the cam cover.
You can also fit Baleno SOHC 16v off 1600 engine with Gti engine.
Baleno head will flow better than std Gti head as it is for 1600cc.

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 24/02/11, 09:45 pm

Thanks for the info man but my car isnt a justy its just a suzuki gls or what ever with the 1.3 8v engine so proberly the same, is beleno head better is it ?
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  stevieh6 24/02/11, 10:51 pm

lol edit*
stevieh6
stevieh6

Back to top Go down

Post  Miniswift 25/02/11, 10:26 am

Hi,

Gti head has more yuning parts on the market.
SOHC 16v has bigger port and everthing as it is for 1.6 16v, it flows better.

I think it all depends on what you want and if you can get hold of G13B Gti head or not.
Since Steve has Gti ported head, you will be OK.

Cheers
Atchi

Miniswift

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 25/02/11, 12:04 pm

I should have a complete engine this weekend from my old swift that had a full rebuild about 2 years ago in whales place called Gtec but it always seemed dodgy weird noises, once i was driving up a hill and it started banging like mad from the bottom end, there was plenty of oil etc in there, Just never seemed right i baught it off pistons ages ago it was a red phase 1 dont know if anyone remember and a weirdo called bob used to own it who broke his neck in a swift, then the guy i got it off was called john fisher, after reading on forums i found out i baught a shit car !
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 25/02/11, 01:00 pm

bob woz sound, i can think of plenty of people that are weirdos tho!!
anyway
he had the engine rebuilt and after a few weeks the main crank oil seal went and had to be rebuilt, it think it was a combo of cheap parts and a rushed job
so i doubt it was ever done properly

gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 25/02/11, 02:21 pm

yeh, that bob was weird to me used to email me thretening messages etc for no reason just because i baught his old swift :S
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 25/02/11, 06:07 pm

im not surprized, and it cirtenly wasnt JUST coz you bought his old gti

anyway, i would messure everything properly before you start building
theres nothing worse than going to all that effort just to have to pull it out again

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  jesseswiftgti 26/02/11, 08:56 pm

ok
jesseswiftgti
jesseswiftgti

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikolas85gr 04/04/11, 11:56 pm

After long time posting again Laughing
So,about the baleno block 1.6! I would advise you to avoid it since the G16B engine block is weaker than the GTi one!It tends to crank under heavy engine loads and specially on turbo set ups!Don't know about your climate there but here in Greece most people did this kind of conversion needed forged internals to much up the rest of the engine set up.
The Twin Cam head is also by far much much better in flow than any other G-series engine head!And just to let you know the G16B uses the same SOHC head as the G13B 16Valve on my Baleno which i'm currently working on.
If i were you i would stick to my current engine block and just swap the internals into GTi ones.
Cheers and greets from Greece and if you want any kind of information on Baleno related just lemme know i 'd be glad to help you out Very Happy

Nikolas85gr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down