UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post  Adam.T 18/07/12, 08:54 pm

Hi my names Adam and a few months ago i bought my first Swift GTI. Always wanted one since i learnt to drive and my first car was a Swift GC 1.0. Then when i was 18 i bought a classic mini and i restored that and its now had two different turbocharged a series engines which have both gone kaput. Thought about putting a gti engine in the mini but i am now fitting it with a 4efte lump from a toyota starlet.

The plan with the swift is to just keep it up together, its my daily car at the moment so i cant do much to it. Its currently on 80,000 miles, its got a group A rally chipped ecu, induction kit, lowered and on 15s. Next year i want to take it off the road and tidy the bodywork a bit and re-spray it.

Heres a couple of pictures (since these were taken i have removed the front splitter)

Hello everyone IMG_0501
Hello everyone IMG_0502

If anyone knows of any good performance mods that can be done, let me know. Wondering whether a different exhaust will make a bit of a differance or any other little things that can be done.

Last edited by Adam.T on 29/07/12, 01:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adam.T
Adam.T

Character sheet
first car: Suzuki Swift GC

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post  dominator 18/07/12, 09:21 pm

Isnt the 4b iron block?
Why didnt you use the g13b? ali block, forged crank or did you just want keep gti running?

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam.T 18/07/12, 10:50 pm

It was never the intention of taking the engine out of the my gti for the mini. I know the 4efte has an iron block but with the turbo they produce more power than the g13b and it is easier to increase power with minimal changes.
Adam.T
Adam.T

Character sheet
first car: Suzuki Swift GC

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 19/07/12, 12:46 am

th 4fte head flows less than a gti head there tinny the swift will do 200bhp stock internals on a small cheap turbo like td04 with a stock ecu turbo chip and a piggy back rebuild it with forged stuff and 300whp is the limit for the block really even on waste of time changing the motor tbh mate better off with a starlet even then id throw the 4fte away my friend has a starlet with a 3sgte thats a nice conversion. theres a swift with a b16 in thats a nippy lil thing

Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum