UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for info on supercharged swifts

Go down

looking for info on supercharged swifts Empty looking for info on supercharged swifts

Post  [GTi] 18/08/09, 03:26 am

hey i have read on here that some of use are running a supercharger and i have searched but cant seam to fined anything. dose any one have any spec like what s/c, how hard it was to get it running right? maby some pics?

[GTi]

Back to top Go down

looking for info on supercharged swifts Empty Re: looking for info on supercharged swifts

Post  IanJ 18/08/09, 07:34 pm

This is something i was looking into as well but theres no kits available for the gti if u want a kit making up ur guna have to get it done custom made and its not cheap i got a quote and it was £4500 this was using a rotrex supercharger other than that im not sure whats involved i no u need to make a mount for the charger and add the extra pulley to power it plus all the piping then either a piggyback ecu chip most people who want forced induction just go down the turbo route as its cheaper and more readily available i would still like to do a supercharger conversion its summit different! Theres not many examples to follow either theres probly a couple of UK examples so finding info on em is abit tricky, when its been brought up in the past i no some people use the supercharger off a Mini Copper S and fabricate a bracket install extra pulley etc depends how handy you are with things like that
IanJ
IanJ

Character sheet
first car: Suzuki Swift GSI

Back to top Go down

looking for info on supercharged swifts Empty Re: looking for info on supercharged swifts

Post  STEVEGTI 18/08/09, 08:35 pm

theres 2 supercharged swifts in the uk that i know of and although there good its alot of work for the same result as a turbo conversion which is alot cheaper and easier and there is still lag with a supercharger common myth that its instant response

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 18/08/09, 09:03 pm

yeah right, i would`v thought it would be cheaper and easyer to s charge
no fancy ex mani, oil lines etc

gary

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  IanJ 18/08/09, 10:41 pm

It can be dun but turbo is the more common option i couldnt believe the quote i got though i like the noise of a supercharger too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
IanJ
IanJ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Spackatron 18/08/09, 11:26 pm

This wot you need to check out if your really interested! This was built by Jon the same guy that built my car and as you can see the fabrication worth every penny!
http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35497

Enjoy Very Happy

Last edited by Spackatron on 19/08/09, 08:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Spackatron
Spackatron

Character sheet
first car: 100nx R.I.P

Back to top Go down

Post  IanJ 19/08/09, 07:30 am

Nice one thats a good read and hes dun a brilliant job with that Very Happy
IanJ
IanJ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  [GTi] 20/08/09, 02:05 am

Thanks heaps for the link. Any one know much about using the sc12? I think they would work well as they are of a 1.6 and has its own sump wich means no oil lines and what not not. If i do go super charge it will be on a g16b with a g13b head. so the sc12 would be the right size

[GTi]

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 20/08/09, 07:33 am

the g16 is a shit bottom end the one your thinking off [blake] has had a lot of work done to it converted to honda d16 crank and forged rods etc as the bore spacing is the same. g13 will take 300whp. also gti rods are good for about 200whp with arp bols polishing and shotpeening g16 rods will go much before this plus the will rev out around 6500 as oppose to 8000 the g16 head has been proven to flow better than the gti head common misconseption that the twin cam is better

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  [GTi] 20/08/09, 09:05 am

yeah but my awd is already 1.6 that's why im thinking go 1.6 twin cam to save buying a 1.3 gear box because they are very hard to fined here. not to mention the price. ha ha but i will look into everything alot more before i make up my mined. also dose any one know if i do go 1.3 will gear box and motor bolt into the 1.6 body?

[GTi]

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 20/08/09, 04:07 pm

i think you will have to modify the rear engine mount or maybe not engine will sit lower due tot the shorter block lower is better really

steve
STEVEGTI
STEVEGTI
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  [GTi] 21/08/09, 01:47 am

yeah that's what im thinking. i just put a hole g16b fwd into a gti rolling shell i had and it needed the rear mount moved over to line up. that one should be running soon. just built 1 good swift out of to half's i had haha. just wasn't sure about a awd as i know the fire walls a diffrent

[GTi]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down