UK-SSGTI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HI, something different - bought a swift now!

Go down

HI, something different - bought a swift now! Empty HI, something different - bought a swift now!

Post  kee 19/06/10, 02:01 pm

Hi all, i'm Kee, a ford person at the moment and currently running this

HI, something different - bought a swift now! Fiest

Im planning a G13B conversion and IRS conversion also. not sure which way im doing it yet. its either going to use my ford gearbox as it has an LSD and fits in the bay, or will be using swift stuff with uprights so i dont have to mess about with custom driveshafts.
not sure when this will start but should be a laugh once done.

Last edited by kee on 18/05/13, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

kee

Back to top Go down

HI, something different - bought a swift now! Empty Re: HI, something different - bought a swift now!

Post  STEVEGTI 19/06/10, 07:20 pm

nice me and my mate are currently building a mk3 fiesta 2.0 zetec gt30r monster that looks cool but why a swift lump ?

steve

Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

HI, something different - bought a swift now! Empty Re: HI, something different - bought a swift now!

Post  kee 19/06/10, 07:49 pm

I was going to do a zetec conversion, had an engine lined up but decided against it, too common for my liking. I'd like to do something different.
I'd also like it to handle, the swift engine is stupidly light, very tuneable and keeps me in the low tax band Cool

I've also thought about doing a fwd rotary but i'll more likely go down this route if any. I want to race it in a hillclimb championship although putting a swift engine in will put me in a silly class, should be fun though. gonna design and build a spaceframe after that.

kee

Back to top Go down

Post  kee 18/05/13, 10:06 am

Picked this up last night

HI, something different - bought a swift now! IMAG0547_1_zps17a78abc

Fiesta's looking sorry for itself and will be going soon, had a quick fling with 205's in between too Very Happy

kee

Back to top Go down

Post  Almondo74 18/05/13, 06:18 pm

hobo's old swift still got the number plate scar's Laughing

and any engine swap from the original engine on the logbook will put u in the modified production class then it will depends on cc.

Ross
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet
first car: Swift GL

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001716634958

Back to top Go down

Post  kee 18/05/13, 06:39 pm

engine swap will put me in sports libre. thus needs a few bits before I can race, roll cage needs proper plates putting in and the front roof bar fitting.

kee

Back to top Go down

Post  Almondo74 18/05/13, 07:07 pm

yh ur right sorry Embarassed

i was thinking from my justy point of view as its got the same block identification i should be able to be in modified class.
as the regs only say block not head Wink
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  kee 18/05/13, 07:16 pm

yeah you can do whatever you want cylinder head wise in nd prod, I'll be racing in roadgoing once I gather all the interior trim I have missing

kee

Back to top Go down

Post  dominator 18/05/13, 08:16 pm

So are you keeping the justy block and building around it ross?

dominator

Character sheet
first car: renult 5 ts (1.7!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Almondo74 18/05/13, 08:20 pm

i wasnt no i was going to use the whole engine from the red gti, the way i read it, it has to be the same block doesnt mean that it has to match the chassis number just of the same type. thats how i read it anyway, ill speak to people in the know nearer the time. Wink
Almondo74
Almondo74

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  STEVEGTI 19/05/13, 07:06 pm

ha a swift ! beauty

Admin

Character sheet
first car: suzuki swift gti

http://www.uk-ssgti.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down